SWESA’s Home Page
Welcome to SouthWest Edmonton Seniors Association (SWESA), established to address the social, cultural and recreational interests of people in the 55+ age group residing in SouthWest Edmonton.
You can obtain the SWESA Spring/Summer 2019 Program Guide by visiting either of the SWESA locations below or by clicking here for an electronic copy.
- Our main site and office location are at the Yellowbird East Community Centre (YECC), 10710 19 Ave NW. The majority of our programming runs from this location.
- As part of our strategy to reach more seniors in our catchment area, we also offer programs in other locations:
- Seniors Lounge in the Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre (TCRC), 2051 Leger Road
- William Lutsky YMCA (YMCA), 1975 111 ST NW.
- eOne Fitness Studio (eOne) – 3474 Allan Drive SW
Weekly Ongoing Programs:
|Mondays||Gentle Yoga||9:45 am – 11 am||YECC||$10.00|
|Mondays||Cribbage||12:30 pm – 3 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Mondays||Coffee and Chat||1 pm – 4pm||TCRC||Donation|
|Mondays||Pickleball||1:00 pm – 3 pm||YMCA||$3.00|
|Tuesdays||Coffee and Chat||9:30 am – 12 pm||YECC||Donation|
|Tuesdays||Hand and Foot Canasta||12:30 pm – 3 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Tuesdays||ESSENTRICS for Seniors||1 pm – 1:45 pm||eOne||$10.00|
|Tuesdays||Watercolor Classes||1 pm – 3 pm||YECC||$97.50|
|Wednesdays||American Mahjong||9:30 am – 12 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Wednesdays||Contract Bridge||12:30 pm – 3 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Wednesdays||ESSENTRICS & CARDIO||1 pm – 2 pm||eOne||$10.00|
|Wednesdays||Coffee and Chat||1 pm – 4 pm||TCRC||Donation|
|Thursdays||Stretch and Strengthen Yoga||9 am – 10 am||YECC||$10.00|
|Thursdays||Cribbage||9:30 am – 11:30 am||YECC||$2.00|
|Thursdays||Golden Years, Golden Gloves||10:15 am – 11:15 am||YECC||$10.00|
|Thursdays||Latin Dance||11:30 am – 12:30pm||YECC||$65/session|
|Thursdays||Paper Quilling||12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Thursdays||Pickleball||1:00 pm – 3 pm||YMCA||$3.00|
|Fridays||Art Group||9:30 am – 12 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Fridays||Knitting/Stitching Group||11:30 am – 3 pm||YECC||$2.00|
|Fridays||ESSENTRICS for Seniors||1 pm – 1:45 pm||YECC||$10.00|
SWESA LIVE ACTIVE EXPO – Saturday, May 11, 2019
or click here for pdf format: SWESA Live Active Health Expo -2019 Poster, May Final,red
SWESA (SouthWest Edmonton Seniors Association) is embarking on it’s very first Health Fair. Our official title is: THE SWESA LIVE ACTIVE EXPO – Promoting Health & Wellness
What is Live Active? It is a collaborative strategy for active living, active recreation and sport in Edmonton. This is currently being implemented throughout our City. The ultimate goal of Live Active is to keep our bodies moving, our minds healthy and our spirits alive.
The SWESA Live Active EXPO has 5 themes to introduce you to. They are as follows:
- Motion is Lotion
- Fuel Your Machine
- Mend Your Mind
- Partners in Health
- Grow Your FutureOur planning committee is working hard to present guests with an amazing experience at our inaugural Health Expo. The event is free!
- 11:00 a.m. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Billy Strean – Joy is the Key to Live Active
- We have a Keynote Speaker: Dr. Billy Strean, Various musical groups and singers to entertain, lots of free food and drink at our SWESA Cafe, break out sessions (learn Tai Chi, stretching and Square dancing) and over 40 vendors. INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY YOUR NEIGHBOURS. It’s al about Living Active (Physically, Mentally and Socially)
SWESA wishes to thank our sponsors for supporting our 2018 Spring Fling event, and remind you that our next Signature Event will be the Fall Fling (Oktoberfest Theme) scheduled for Saturday, October 19, 2019. Save the date!