Out in the Field
Out in the Field features articles submitted by SWESA member writers. The topics are diverse but the theme is enjoying life over 55 in southwest Edmonton. If you’re interested in becoming a SWESA member writer, please let us know.
Buying a new car – by Brent Skinner
Buying a new car! This is a chore that needs to be undertaken every decade
or so. It can be quite exciting, but also involves a big investment in time
The first step is coming to the decision that your existing vehicle needs to
be replaced. Men are emotionally bonded to 3 inanimate objects – their golf
clubs, their wallets ( not the contents of the wallet but the actual leather
wallet ) and their existing car or truck. Dings, dents, rips and bends add
an endearing quality to these objects of joy and reverence and only such
dire events as engine conk-outs and the prospect of expensive repairs ( as
in the case of a vehicle ), a really bad round of golf ( where you were
humiliated by your 12 year old nephew ) or threat of divorce ( as in the
case of a dilapidated wallet ) will force the typical man to overcome the
lump in his throat and consider a replacement product.
To read more of this column, click here Buying a new car.
Kim Bates – Community Librarian, Riverbend Branch Edmonton Public Library
- February 2014 – Winter Walk Day
- April 2016 - The Friend List
- March 2016 – Mommy
- Jan 2015 – New Year Resolutions
- December 2014 – Movies
- October 2014 -Feelings
- September 2014 – Happy Flying!
- May 2014 -Lists
- March 2014 -Our faithful dog Fergus
- February 2014 – Hearing-something I always took for granted.
- February 2014 – Me and Computer Technology
- January 2014 – View From the Rear Pew #95
- December 2013 - Cruise Ship Learnings
- October 2013 – A Kissing Quiz
- August 2013 -Wisdom, Dandelions
- June 2013 -Book Club Envy, June 4th
- April 2013-click here for “I like things the way they are”, click here for “Toilet training”
- March 2013- click here for “I hate winter”