Services for Older Adults
211 Phone Number: Seniors Information Phone Line
- Dial 2-1-1
- Call one number to be connected to programs, services and resources in the community. The 211 Information and Referral Specialist will direct callers to appropriate programs and services in the community.
- 211 Website link
811 Phone Number: Health Link 24/7
- Dial 8-1-1
- Quick and easy advice from a registered nurse 24/7. They will ask questions, assess symptoms and determine the best care for you.
- Alberta Health Services 811 Website link
- Remember, in a medical emergency, always call 911 or visit the nearest emergency department.
Guide to Mobility and Independence
- Download the 80 page document by clicking here.
- Includes information on:
- household services (meal deliveries; grocery shopping & delivery; housekeeping; yard, gardening and snow removal; pet services; moving help)
- housing information
- library services
- linkages to general information & services
- medical and personal services (aids to daily living; audiologists & hearing aid practitioners; dental; denturists; dietitians; home & respite care; medical alarm systems; medical laboratory home collection; mobile foot care; mobile hairdressing; occupational therapy & physiotherapy; pharmacy)
- religious organizations
- support groups & health services organizations
- seniors centers and associations
- transportation services (alternate transportation services; intercity bus services; public bus services, seniors transportation information hubs, specialized transportation services, taxis & ride-sharing services
SAGE (Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton)
- SAGE Website link
- Directory of Senior Services 2017-2018 Download here This is a 324 page comprehensive document which includes the following topics. You can go directly to any time by clicking the links below.
Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council (ESCC)
- an umbrella organization that encourages coordinated actions of its members to continue to build an Age Friendly Edmonton and enhance the lives of all Edmonton seniors
- Website link Under the for seniors tab, you will find:
- recreational and wellness programs for adults 55+
- the latest news and events for seniors
- ESCC member agencies and their services
- find your local seniors centre in Edmonton
- useful information about a variety of seniors topics
- discover work and volunteer opportunities
Seniors Home Supports Program
- SWESA is proud to sponsor the SHSP for the SouthWest district. Website link
Strathcona Place Outreach Program (SPOT)
- Website link
- Language Services
- Tax forms or other official documents
- Abusive circumstances
- Call 780-433-5807 for any Outreach Service
- Assistance Director/Outreach Coordinator available at 780-433-5809.